Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Monday, May 28, 2012

The BEST Baked Potato

I love Baked Potato....however a lot of the time when I decide I want baked potato, I want it pretty much right away...or on a weeknight at 8pm, when I want to make something quick and not wait an hour for something as simple as a potato to cook. I usually end up with mashed potato's. Much quicker. BUT if you have the time...and really want something delish..never mind pretty to look at, then this is your potato!


Take a scrubbed down baking potato (Russet) and carefully slice though leaving about a 1/2 inch in between each section. Be careful not to slice all the way though (like I did in this one)

 In between in slice, wedge in a thin slice of Shallot
 Now wedge in some squares of cold butter...
 Season the whole potato with Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper.
 Wrap in tin foil and bake at 375 for about 45minutes to 1 hour...or until potato is cooked through.
 Flavour city I tell you! You can just eat this potato as is with a juicy steak...but of course I took it one step further....
I slathered bacon chunks and cheddar cheese all over and popped them back in the oven to melt. It was to die for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment