Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Monday, March 26, 2012

Cajun Shrimp Diane

This recipe is inspired from one of my favourite dish's at a very famous restaurant chain. Of course this has my spin on it...and I omit the heavy cream that I am sure in included in the restaurant version. Definitely not light on the butter.....so super tasty in my books!

 
First get your spice mix ready. I use a mixture of (about a 1/4 tsp of each) Thyme, Oregano, Basil, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, White Pepper, Kosher Salt and Black Pepper. Sometimes I add a few red pepper flakes for even more heat!! Set this aside for now.

In a large deep sauce pan. Melt 1/2 Cup of Butter on high heat.
add 3 chopped Scallions and half your spice mix.
Next add about 1/2 pound chopped Cremini Mushrooms with 3 Minced garlic cloves. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
I like to add about a 1/4 cup of white wine for extra flavour. Let this simmer and reduce slightly. About 5 minutes.
Add your shrimp. I like to use Jumbo zipperback shrimps...but really any shrimp that is accessible to you work fine. Just make sure you remove the shells and devein them.
Allow the shrimp to simmer in the sauce and yes...add a few more chunks of butter.

Finish the sauce with about 4 tbsp of fresh parsley.
Once shrimp are cooked serve over fresh jasmine rice. Sooo good!

3 comments:

  1. Delicious...I added some freshly squeezed lemon juice. Definitely going to make again

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a cook from milestones I would suggest substituting the heafty amount of butter for a tad bit of garlic cream. Otherwise this recipe is spot on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had it at Cajun restaurant went home used your recipe taste just as good and didn’t use a lot of butter was great

    ReplyDelete