Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Say I love you with Bacon..Part 2~

If you have been reading this blog for a while you will notice that I use bacon in a lot of my recipes. Mostly because it tastes freakin amazing but also because my husband has a very unhealthy obsession with it. So when Valentines day came a few weeks ago I knew I had to top my last bacon creation (See here for Part 1). This Bacon creation is called Pig, wrapped in Pig...literally.
There are a lot of missing pictures...mostly because my hands were constantly covered in pig and marinade while prepping this. First you need a nice Pork Loin. Not a tenderloin...although I am sure it would be fine, but a whole pork loin that they usually cut into pork chops. Make sure it is boneless and if there is a thick layer of fat on it, cut it off. Make a rub for the loin. I used about a 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp of Brown sugar, 1 Tsp dried thyme and lots of salt and pepper. Spread this all over the loin really well. Then wrap the whole sucker in Bacon. Place on a cast iron pan and bake at 375F until the loin is cooked through (145F internal temp). If your bacon starts to cook too quickly just lower the temp to 350F. I did not turn or touch the loin during the cooking process.
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 Minutes. Slice and serve. My loin has a very slight pink hue to it...trust me...it is cooked...actually it is cooked perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment