Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Monday, April 29, 2013

BBQ Cheddar Studded Meatloaf

Growing up I was never a fan of meatloaf. It was boring, usually dry, and just tasted like a meatball without the spaghetti and sauce. When my husband came home with a kilo of medium ground beef I decided I would put an end to boring meatloaf and make it extra delicious!

In a frying pan add 1 tsp of Olive Oil, 1 Small Onion finely chopped, and 3 cloves of Garlic Minced. Saute until the onions JUST start to brown. Set aside to cool for a few minutes

In a large bowl combine the following:
 
2 1/2 Lbs of Medium Ground Beef
6 Strips of cooked and cooled Bacon, Chopped
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Worsheshire
2 Tbsp Sirachia (Cock Sauce)
1/2 Cup cubed Old Cheddar
1 Tsp Each Kosher Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
and your Sauteed Onions and Garlic.
 
 

 
Form the combined meat mixture into loafs and place on a foil lined baking sheet (I drizzled olive oil on the tin foil as well). Bake in a 350F oven for 15 Minutes.

 
After 15 minutes baste your meatloaves with some BBQ sauce. I used a sauce my husband had made that he refuses to give me the recipe for. I do know it contains Ketchup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Brown Sugar and Whiskey..the rest is "Spices". Throw the meatloaves back in the oven for 15 more minutes at 375F. Remove from the oven and cover with tinfoil for about 10 minutes to rest.

Slice and serve with some steamed veggies. Perfect Sunday Dinner for us!! And it was not dry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment