Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Grilled Zucchini with Parmesean

Back in May i planted 4 little plants that were marked "English cucumbers" at the local nursery. My husband and I eat a lot of cucumbers as snacks and in salads so thought it would be awesome to grow our own...and maybe even make some homemade pickles. So come summer and the "cucumber" plants are huge and sprawling and they are starting to flower...that is when I noticed...I bought Zucchini..not cucumbers. Ah well...not that it bothered me...I love zucchini, but my husband does not. Thank god my neighbours love it too as I have been unloading these babies on them!!

Here is my very quick and easy way of cooking zucchini as a side with weeknight dinners!

Slice your zucchini into 1/4 inch slices.
Season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Shave some Parmesan Reggiano onto a plate and keep handy. I shave about 2 slices per zucchini slice.
BBQ your zucchini about 5 minutes per side. Once you flip add the Parmesan shavings to the zucchini slices.
Serve once cheese is melted.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment