Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Monday, September 17, 2012

Greek Style 7 Layer Dip

This recipe was an experiment of sorts. I wanted to try something different instead of the usual Mexican 7 layer dip that appears at every single party. Now don't get me wrong...there is nothing wrong with 7 layer dip...its delicious and has a lot of my favourite flavours all melded together. But I wanted to try something a little different....unfortunately this dip does not refrigerate well...it must be made fresh and eaten right away...mostly due to the tomato's and cucumbers releasing a lot of water. Otherwise...its pretty tasty!
In a large deep bowl start your layers with some hummus.

 Fresh chopped tomato
 Chopped Cucumbers
 Chopped Red Peppers
 Chopped Red Onion (I wish I used less and finely minced this sucker)
 Chopped Feta cheese
Top with Tzatiki (I bought store made Tzatiki) and top with some kalamata Olives.

I served this dip with fresh Pita cut into triangles and baked with fresh parsley, olive oil and sea salt.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment