Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beef Dip Sandwiches

This past week has been so incredibly busy for me! Friends and family will know that I have been training for a 10K race that just happened this past weekend (Finished in 1:00:09!). Most of my evenings have been spent hitting the pavement, carb loading, practicing yoga or sleeping. Hence the lag since my last posting. But I promise..this recipe is a goodie. It was the perfect meal that needed no time to prepare and trust me when I say this..you can't screw it up! Here is my recipe for Beef Dip Sandwiches for Dummies!
Get yourself a nice Beef Brisket..Something big enough to fit in your slow cooker. Mine was frozen still but it didn't matter.
Now to the slow cooker add 1 chopped onion, 1 cup red wine, 1/2 Cup orange juice, 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste, 2 Tbsp Soya Sauce, 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar, some fresh chopped garlic, 1 Tsp Red  Chili pepper flakes, 1 Tsp Salt, some Fresh Ground Pepper and 2 Tsp brown sugar. Turn the roast over a couple of times to make sure that all sides have some of the spicy liquid on it. Now turn your slow cooker on low and leave it for 8-10 hours (I cooked mine for 10 since it was frozen)
After the cooking is complete turn off the slow cooker and start shredding the meat with 2 forks. Leave it in the juices. Now I cooked my roast overnight and shredded it in the morning..leaving it in the fridge marinating and getting even more tender in the juices until dinner time. Then when I got home I put the slow cooker on high and let it come up to temperature.

Now get a nice soft bun and slice it in half.

Add some of the beef to it...
And some pickled hot peppers..
Then top it off with a couple of slices of provolone cheese!
Pop it under the broiler until the cheese starts to melt.
Now remember all those beef juices in the slow cooker? Spoon a few tablespoons into a small dish!
Look at this wonderful easy dinner!! So yum!
Beef dip goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment