Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lemon Garlic Chicken with Roasted Veggie & Feta Quinoa

Last week I was all about eating super healthy...I had a half marathon coming up on the
weekend and really needed to detox all of the thanksgiving goodness out of me.
So I made this go to recipe of mine that always makes me feel lighter after eating it!

Lemon Garlic Chicken with Roasted Veggie & Feta Quinoa
 First you need to marinate your chicken overnight. The longer it site in the marinade the better. For 5 Chicken Breasts I used 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Juice of 2 lemons, 1/2 Tsp Lemon Rind, 3 Garlic Cloves Minced, 1 Tbsp Minced Fresh Thyme and Oregano, Salt and Pepper to taste.
 Make sure you cover all the chicken in the marinade and cover in plastic wrap. Place in your fridge until you are ready to grill.
 Place your veggies in a large oven proof pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and bunches of fresh oregano. I used Asparagus, Zucchini, Red Pepper and Red Onion. Roast at 400F until veggies are cooked through.
 While your Veggies are roasting cook your quinoa according to package directions. I used about 2 cups of Quinoa since we like leftovers for lunch!
 When quinoa is cooked, pour into a large bowl and add 1 can of rinsed chickpeas to it.
 And all the roasted veggies. Stir to combine.
 Top with crumbled feta just before serving. I like to serve this dish warm, so grill your chicken while you are roasting the veggies.
I served the chicken with homemade tahini...super yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment