Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Grilled Sandwich

If there is ever a leftover grilled chicken breast in the fridge, and my husband hasn't proclaimed that it belongs to him, I make grilled sandwiches. They are fast, tasty and healthy! Here is my take on a Italian grilled chicken sandwich.

Take two slices of your favourite Artisan Bread (I like Whole Grain with Flax Seed) and generously spread some pesto on it. This is store bought pesto since my basil hasn't even been planted yet.
Next add some of that grilled chicken

Some beautiful sliced hot house tomatoes
and whatever else floats your boat. I added fresh baby spinach, avocado and fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
now heat up your panini grill to the hottest setting. This thing is a godsend in the cold Ontario winter months when the barbecue is under 2 feet of snow.

Add a little olive oil to the grill

and place your sandwich on the grill.
 Lightly drizzle the top of the sandwich with olive oil as well...this will make it super crispy and tasty

And grill for about 5 minutes...flipping the sandwiches halfway

yumm!!!

Once the cheese is all melty and gooey, remove from grill and serve. You will be thanking me later



No comments:

Post a Comment