Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Monday, April 11, 2011

Super-Fast Supper!

Because of the warm weather this weekend that has finally decided to make an appearance, I am inspired once again to make something with a little Mexican flare. If I ever just want to make something quick, I make Fajitas. High heat, super-fast, all rolled up into tortilla goodness.
Here is how I made mine. First I marinate my meat.
Take 1 Tbsp each of:
Cumin, Hot Chili Flakes, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon each Sea Salt and Pepper

Toss with a little bit of Olive oil and the Sirloin Strips. Set aside

Next Chop up your veggies. I used Green and Yellow Peppers, Spanish Onion and Mushrooms. Season lightly with Sea Salt, Pepper and Olive Oil.

Sauté using high heat. Once the Veggies are on their way I like to squeeze a little Lime juice for extra flavor.

In another sauce pan heated on high, add the meat.

 Stirring constantly. At this point you can probably turn the heat off on the veggies and set them aside

Sauté the meat until cooked to medium.
I usually just add homemade Guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheddar and cilantro to my fajita.
For my guac I chop 1 Roma tomato, 1 Shallot, ½ jalapeno pepper, juice of 1 Lime, Salt and pepper and 1 Ripe avocado. As you can see from my pictures below my avocado was not so ripe.


But I just chopped it and had a chunkier guacamole with my fajitas. Still pretty darn good!

All assembled and ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment