Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SOUP!!

Last week I starting getting the sore itchy throat, runny nose and achy joints that the spring common cold usually lays on me.
The only thing that I have the appetite for when feeling this icky is soup. Not just chicken noodle soup…something fun, creamy without the cream and delicious, but still healthy (well…my version was sort of healthy).
I had 2 heads of cauliflower in the fridge and decided to make a roasted cauliflower soup. It totally hit the spot and 1 day later I was feeling much better. I owe it all to this soup. I swear. It’s awesome.

Cauliflower Soup with Optional unhealthy toppings!
You will need:
2 heads of Cauliflower, chopped
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Paprika
Shallots
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (about 1 litre)
Chopped Chives
Unhealthy topping..such as cooked bacon or pancetta
In a large roasting pan, toss cauliflower with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper.  Place the pan in a pre-heated oven (400F) and roast for 30-40 minutes or until nice and carmalized and cooked through. For the last 10 minutes of cooking time I add the chopped shallots so they don’t burn.
Take the cauliflower in batches and run it through your blender or food processer until smooth.

 I add a little veggie broth to get the blender going. Pour the puree into a pot with the rest of the broth.

 Add more seasoning to taste and chives. Simmer until heated through. 

Serve into bowls and top with Bacon or Panchetta. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment