Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Grilled Veggie, Feta and Orzo Salad

Grilled Veggie Orzo with Feta
This is probably my favourite weeknight side dish (and sometimes meal!). It’s fast, easy, healthy and tasty! All you need is a grill!

Chop up some veggies for the grill. If you have a grill basket chop them smaller. If not keep them pretty chunky so they are easy to slip on the BBQ then you can chop them a bit smaller later. I used what I had in the fridge but really anything goes: Vidalia Onion, Asparagus, Broccoli, Zucchini, Red Pepper, Mushrooms. I tossed the mixture in Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.




Into the Grill Basket!

Voila…ready to go. I have to admit…that I hate this Grill Basket. It has large holes on the corners so whenever I shook the basket asparagus and onions fall out. Next time I am leaving my veggies a bit bigger or returning this basket and seeing if there is a better one on the market.

I also Grilled some chicken thighs to go with the Orzo. Seasoned and ready to go!

While the veggies and chicken are grilling I boiled my orzo. No pictures of this because I kinda forgot..sorry.
Once cooked I added a little olive oil and a handful of chopped chives.


When veggies are ready add them to the orzo with about 1 cup crumbled feta cheese.
Mix to combine

And serve with your favourite protein or on its own. So Yum and done in less than 30 minutes!





No comments:

Post a Comment