Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Breakfast Muffins

As much as I love breakfast and all the foods that come with it...I am pretty limited to either toast and peanut butter or buying something in the food court in my building during the week. Getting up at the crack of dawn and zombie walking around the house getting ready is really not safe for being around a hot stove, never mind the toaster! There have even been mornings where I made toast..and forgot it in the toaster.

I am not a morning person at all.

So I came up with these amazing, genius, breakfast muffins. I love eating them cold and they are wonderful for a nice brunch with family too! You will LOVE how easy and versatile these are. Make them this weekend!

 Choose the veggies you want in the muffins. I used finely minced onion, green peppers and chives (not pictured). I have also used chopped broccoli in the past. Really, anything that you would put in a quiche can go in these.
 Cook up some bacon. We like to cook our bacon in the oven in a broiler pan. I leaves the bacon less fatty and more crisp. You can also use Ham or sausage or even no meat. I love everything bacon...so bacon it is! Chop this up and set aside.
 This recipe made me 12 muffins. I used 8 Extra large eggs. Whisked.
 Add 1 tsp baking powder, your veggies, 1/4 cup milk, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, salt and pepper to taste, and 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder.
 Add about 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
 And lastly add in the chopped bacon
 Ladle the mixture into your muffin tins. I have a non-stick muffin tin and these babies just slid right out when they were done cooking.
 Pop in a 375F oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the muffins are puffed up and cooked through. To test you can just press a finger down on one of the muffins. They should feel spongy.
 All Done and ready to scarf down!
 I made these in the evening and kept them in an airtight Tupperware container all week while we munched on them. They lasted 2 days (most likely because we would each eat about 3 at a time for breakfast!)
Perfect Bacon and Eggs to go!

Enjoy your Canada Day/Fourth of July LONNNNNNNG Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment